Sunday, July 17, 2011

Free Oreos On This One


The past couple months have been absolutely crazy, life has no pause button to regroup yourself. Since the previous post I've traveled over 19,300 miles, been in and out of 5 airports and racked up more Southwest points then I would have ever imagined, I love the golden Oreos by the way.  On top of traveling to my new client in California, finding a new place to live, balancing a long distance relationship, helping a best friend get married and coping with a close death in the family I'd say my past 3 months has been a lot to chew.

I've met some incredible people on my recent travels, its amazing how many people you meet when you're sharing an arm rest. Barbers, dentists, Graphic Designers and my last favorite, Swimsuit model. Yeah I laughed too, who would have known. Its funny they all had one thing In common; passion. Everyone I've met truly loved what they did and the people they work with. Those are the people that this world needs, instead of the idiot next to me in the cube farm that thinks he needs another promotion because he knows how to forward his phone. Respect is earned, not given, I know that and I'm 23, these travelers understood that as well. Race, ethnicity, age and gender didn't matter either, something that sometimes plays a role in awkwardness.

Passion is hard to come by though, I sometimes question my passion for what I'm doing, then again I'm 23 and have no idea what my passion is yet. My analogy is simple:

(Career) X Money - Student Loans ÷ Friday night drinks = lifestyle

Lifestyle + Goals  = Passion

My multiple interactions with everyone I've met has really inspired me to take Fuel Your Ambition to the next level. A close friend and I call each other up once a week and spit ideas at each other, ending in laughs and inside jokes. Now its time to take these ideas to life and start turning them into real revenue. My new home in Sacramento has hundreds of small businesses, some with great knowledge on marketing and branding, however most others have a logo from MS Word 97, spiced up with italics and a "unique" font like Tahoma.

What will FYA have over other agencies? Passion for one; second, Drive. Two recent grads busting their ass because we have to. Our generation has lost its touch, work ethic means nothing anymore. Hard work pays off, especially in this industry.

So in the meantime I'm going to soak up the sun, hang out with friends I won't see for a while and partake in random shenanigans as usual. rafting My birthday and many other annual celebrations are on the way.


Sometimes it’s not where you're going but who you're with.

Sacramento is my new playground but Chicago will always be my home.

No comments:

Post a Comment